Do you want to eat some crispy and delicious fries? Well, to do so it is not necessary to go to a restaurant, and by following some basic tricks you will get them to be super rich and with the ideal cooking. If you want prevent french fries from sticking and discover other practical solutions when cooking them then read on, because at.com we reveal our best recommendations for some French fries To lick your fingersYou may also be interested: How to make crispy french fries
At the time of cutting the potatoes
An important aspect to consider when we make french fries It's the way we cut them. The classic cut is in the form of sticks, however it is important to keep in mind that you should try to maintain uniformity in the cut getting all to be more or less equal. What do we gain from this? That the cooking of the potatoes is uniform, thus avoiding that when they are removed from the pan or fryer some are more cooked than others.
Once you've washed, peeled and cut the potatoes, it's time to apply the trick to prevent french fries from sticking At the time of cooking, read on because we will reveal it below.
The trick to prevent french fries from sticking
To get that french fries do not stick It is very important to eliminate as much starch from this product, which will also help to make the final result much crunchier.
To achieve this, after cutting, wash the potatoes with cold water and then put them in a bowl with cold water and let them soak for 30 minutess, then remove the water and drain the potatoes very well using absorbent paper towels or a vegetable drainer. This trick will also allow you to make your potatoes much harder avoiding the flaccid appearance that diners usually don't like.
The keys when frying
There are many tricks to get some crispy potatoes and perfect, however we cannot always apply them all due to lack of time. That is why we have selected the most practical recommendations for you to get some great fries and without them sticking. Pay attention to these recommendations:
- If you usually plan the menus in advance, a good way to ensure that the potatoes are crispy when frying them is freezing them previouslye, as this will help to eliminate the liquid from this food and guarantee a great cooking. You can follow the steps that we have recommended before and then freeze them in a suitable bag for this procedure. Fry them a few hours later or the next day.
- You must throw abundant oil in the pan or fryer, making sure that the potatoes are completely covered, only then will you get a uniform cooking.
- It is important to drain the potatoes well before pouring them into the oil to prevent it from jumping and accidentally burning. In the same way it is recommended that the oil is very hot, reaching the temperature of 150 ºC at the time of frying.
- Never add too many potatoes to the pan or fryer because the heat of the oil will disperse and the cooking will take longer with a little crunchy result. Good french fries take their time, that's why patience.
- Stir occasionally during cooking, this will also prevent the chips from sticking.
- Finally remember drain the oil very well of the potatoes before serving, so you will get them much more crispy and rich. It is at this time when you must add the salt so that it is fixed in the potatoes and they are delicious.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to prevent potato chips from stickingWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.