Avocados are one of the most popular fruits today, not only because of its rich flavor since it can be consumed with a wide variety of dishes, but also thanks to its incredible health properties, but also for hair and hair. skin. This exquisite fruit is the star ingredient in recipes known worldwide as guacamole or guasaca, essential sauces at any dinner or lunch with friends.
However, avocado is a food that has an accelerated decomposition process once ripe, especially when it has already been cut and its pulp has been exposed. For this reason, in the following article we explain how to preserve avocado correctly. Discover, below, the most effective ways to preserve this delicious fruit to enjoy its benefits for a long time.You may also be interested: When is avocado season
How to preserve an avocado - step by step
As we have advanced, avocado is one of the most beneficial foods for our health due to its multiple properties. However, once it has been opened, it cannot be left in the fridge as usual.
When you want to keep an avocado, you must consider if the fruit is complete, if it is cut, peeled, chopped and if it still retains its seed or not. In addition, you must also take into account the maturity status of the same; so you can know which method is more effective to preserve avocado.
How to preserve a whole ripe avocado
- The first thing you should do is look for a plastic bag and then put the whole avocado inside. Be sure to take out all the air from the bag and seal it well when finished.
- Subsequently, you will have to refrigerate the avocado to slow down its ripeness process. Keep in mind that the ideal is to place it in the lowest part of the refrigerator; If you try to keep a ripe avocado at room temperature, it will decompose faster.
- This method will help the fruit to decompose slowly, but don't let it happen there more than 4 days. It is advisable to check it daily to find out what state it is in. If you notice that it is getting very soft, it is best that you eat it that same day.
How to keep an open avocado
- Take each part of the cut avocado after removing the bone or seed and, with a brush or brush, apply a layer of lemon juice on the pulp. This will help prevent the oxidation process of avocado.
- Next, take the cut parts of the avocado and wrap them with clear plastic paper kitchen vacuum.
- To further increase the preservation time, leave the avocado in the fridge. If you leave it out of the refrigerator, the fruit will decompose even faster.
- Finally, we recommend that you check each part of the avocado daily, without removing the plastic, to ensure that the fruit is still in good condition.
How to freeze an avocado
Freezing an avocado, especially if it is ripe, is one of the most effective ways to preserve it for a long time. Next, in, we indicate a step by step how to do it correctly:
- The first thing you should do is cut the fruit in half. Then, remove the avocado bone.
- Next, peel the avocado and help yourself with a spoon to remove all the pulp inside.
- Pour the pulp into a blender and blend it until it is completely pureed. While doing the process, add a tablespoon of lemon juice to decrease the oxidation of the fruit; Blending the avocado is essential so that it does not lose its flavor and texture after freezing.
- The next step will be to place the avocado puree in a bowl with a tight lid. Proceed to seal the bowl well.
- As a final step, you will have to bring the bowl with the mashed avocado to the freezer. This method is perfect if you want the fruit keep in perfect condition for 4 or 5 months Without losing its properties.
How to preserve guacamole
The main reason why guacamole must be properly preserved is because of the diversity of ingredients; otherwise, the decomposition of the fruit would be very accelerated, because each ingredient has different oxidation processes. These are the ingredients used for the preparation of guacamole:
- 1 avocado
- Half lemon
- One onion
- 2 peppers or peppers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Coriander to taste
- 1 tomato
If you wonder how to preserve guacamole, you must follow the steps that we propose below:
- Once you have prepared the guacamole, you should look for a bowl and pour it there. Make sure the bowl is airtight.
- If the container has no lid, you can always seal it with clear plastic wrap. You need to press the plastic against the guacamole to minimize the amount of oxygen inside the container.
- As a final step, take it to the freezer and ... That's it!
If you see that the guacamole or avocados start to get dark, it is best to not eat them, as they may be oxidizing. If you want to discover more ways to consume this delicious fruit, do not miss this other article on How to eat avocado.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to preserve avocadoWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.